Di artikel yahoo healthy news hari ini ada artikel yang judulnya “Sleep : A necessity not a luxury”. Katanya:
While experts recommend seven to eight hours of sleep each night, the amount needed for an individual can vary. But lack of sleep affects a person in one of two ways, Belenky said. First, sleeplessness influences the day-to-day performance of tasks.
“The performance effects are seen immediately,” he said. “You short-change yourself of sleep, and you see the effects immediately. You can make a bad decision. You can miss something. Have a moment’s inattention, and you’re off the road.”
Efek lainnya :
1. The longer-term effects of sleep deprivation involve a person’s health. Doctors have linked lack of sleep to weight gain, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems, depression and substance abuse.
2. Hormones that process appetite begin to get disorganized
3. Too little sleep also interferes with the body’s ability to regulate glucose and can cause inflammation leading to heart problems and a rise in blood pressure.
Kurang tidur disebabkan oleh 2 hal. Pertama, ada elemen “macho” atau kebanggaan tersendiri bila seseorang kurang tidur. Kedua, karena kelainan seperti insomnia, sleep apnea, nyeri kaki, dll.
Yang sebaiknya kita lakukan :
- Stick to a regular sleep schedule.
- Avoid exercising closer than five or six hours before bedtime.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol before bed.
- Avoid large meals and beverages late at night.
- Don’t take naps after 3 p.m.
- Relax before bed, taking time to unwind with a hot bath, a good book or soothing music.
- If you’re still awake after more than 20 minutes in bed, get up and do something relaxing until you feel sleepy. Anxiety over not being able to sleep can make it harder to fall asleep.
Jadi…selamat tiduuuur *ngantuk*